From:
"Marc M. Mahan" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 30 Jun 1999 15:08:52 -0700
I have been in the job market for some time now, and i
have found that there are two groups of people who are
in charge of "weeding" out people.
The first are the people who realize that it is
difficult enough to go out and ask for a job in the
first place. And there is also the realization that
the person looking for employment is doing the
employer a service. These people, who do have to say
no at many times, are the ideal.
This example listed below is the other kind. "WE are
in control." Don't bother us attitude. I know that I
may be booted off of this list for saying this, but:
The "don't call us" arrogance on the part of many
employers is just plain wearing on those of use who do
wish to work, to not go job welfare.
To quote: "If I see a resume/CV posted on this list
then,unless there is actually a vacancy being
advertised in my organization at the time, the E-mail
will just be deleted." This is what I am talking
about. We offer our talents and abilities, knowing
that there are possible employers who just might be
looking for just what THAT applicant can do, not
knowing one way ore the other, and THAT applicant is
hit with that.
How rude.
P.S. Please do not tell me that I am out of touch with
reality. I know that this is the way that many people
operate. I know that there must be acceptance. But I
will still protest it loudly.

--- Trevor Reynolds