Date:
Wed, 30 Jun 1999 11:00:10 -0400
As someone who is within a few months of retirement (to become a full time
consultant!), I have a great deal of sympathy for our younger colleagues
using the list to seek employment. As Karen Thompson put it, one should not
neglect ANY means - especially in this time of restraint for most
institutions.

My impression is that there are a lot of young, energetic and talented
people out there knocking on the door and that it is the responsibility of
those who have forced our ways inside (or fallen inside!) to help them where
we can.

What goes around, comes around.

Harry Needham
Special Advisor - Programme Development
Canadian War Museum
330 Sussex Drive,
Ottawa, Ontario, Canada
K1A 0M8
Office: (819) 776-8612;  Fax (819) 776-8623;  [log in to unmask]
Home: (613) 831-1068;  FAX: (613) 831-9412;  [log in to unmask]

Museum-L" (without the quotes).