From:
Indigo Nights <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 29 Jun 1999 12:46:05 -0700
Ok, guys, I come out of my silence for a few seconds.

I posted the original "the list has indicated."  It was based on my
understanding of the last time we had this conversation.  The concensus
appeared to be that people (especially vets of the list) get tired of
seeing them and that, though many would like to help, it becomes an
issue of time and redundancy.

When I posted what I did on the subject matter, it was a way of
mitigating the "we don't want them here" with the need for people to be
employed and freshly papered graduates who want to make their mark and
start paying off those college loans.

I put up my employment site as a way of giving them the information
about which they seek while attempting to mitigate list impact.  The
site was done pro bono, and I get nothing by posting and/or maintaining
it.  I planned to offer it each time somebody new comes along as a way
of helping them out and balancing the previously stated needs.

It is different than the standard "comprehensive" web site because
there is a heavy emphasis on nonprofit and museum jobs".  Most all of
the sites relational to museums were gained during my tenure here and
make it easier than "searching the archives."

The site will be revised on or about the first of each month (if time
allows) and is targeted to be offered then with the new additions made
indicated.

I find it amusing that, in attempting to offset a previously stated
problem, a new problem has surfaced.  This very much reminds me of
those little balls that you pull one, and it hits the next, and so on,
until it swings back the other way.

Is anybody taking a tally as to what the votes are relational to this
topic in the last two discussions about jobs?  I think it would be
rather amusing, but I don't have time to dig it out of archives.

Post, don't post, I don't much care.  You post, I'll post my link.

===
Indigo Nights