From:
James Tichgelaar <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 12 Apr 1999 13:21:13 -0500
The following ad has been placed in the Chronicle of Higher Education.
Please contact Mary Moore at the address listed in the body of the ad,
not me.  I do not have salary ranges for this listing.

"Director:  Arkansas State University located in Jonesboro, Arkansas,
seeks a Museum Director.  Strong communication and people skills with
university and area communities are essential to success in this
position.  Experiance in fund-raising, community relations, public
relations, supervision, grant writing, and museum operations are
required.  Occupying the entire west wing of the Dean B. Ellis Library,
the museum is an itegral part of the academic mission of the university
and the director meets regularly with the Council of Academic Deans.
Accredited by the AAM, the museum offers credit classes and collaberates
with students' special projects through other departments.  The director
oversees a staff of six professionals, relates to faculty curators,
students, volunteer docents, and the public.  Collections exceed 50,000
objects in history, ethnology, archeology and decorative arts.  Three to
5 years of administrative experiance are required and a graduate degree
in museum studies, history, natural history, anthropology, art or
another appropriate area.  A doctorate and prior teaching experiance are
preferred.  This is a 12-month non-tenure-track position.  Send letter
of application, current resume, the name, address, and phone number of
three references, and transcript copies to Mary Moore, Ph.D., Dean of
Library and Information Resources, Dean B. Ellis Library, Arkansas State
University, P.O. Box 2040, State University, AR 72467. (
[log in to unmask] ).  AA/EEO.

--
James H Tichgelaar
Registrar, Arkansas State University Museum

"All we ever wanted was everything.  All we ever got was cold."