From:
Andy Finch <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 2 Jul 1999 13:18:32 -0400
my office do:

Cover legislative issues on Capitol Hill and regulatory/policy events in the
agencies.  The new person will cover education as her/his primary issue,
keeping track of developments and intervening where necessary. This work is
done almost always in coalition with lobbyists for other museum associations
(ASTC, AZA, etc.) and other cultural service organizations (American
Symphony Orchestra League, National Humanities Alliance, etc.).

Report on these issues to the field.  Answer questions from the field.
Write lots of memos.  Write columns for the regional association
newsletters.  Go to lots of meetings.  Try to be diplomatic.

We strongly prefer Hill experience, and in this case we'd like that
experience to be in the field of education, but we also like museum
experience.  It's not a "museum" job, it's an association job, but obviously
it's a very good place to connect with museum people and keep track of the
latest trends.

Andy Finch
American Association of Museums
[log in to unmask] (for a few more hours)

Museum-L" (without the quotes).