From:
Indigo Nights <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 30 Jun 1999 22:52:02 -0700
Pardon my ignorance, and at the risk of inviting flames, do you truly
think such (caustic) notes are encouraging any to stay?

This was the second in a row of like pattern.

If you want to get to serious business, as is said in the gazillion
lists in which I've over involved myself, INJECT SOMETHING SERIOUS.

Bitching about off-topicism never works.  It only invites more flames
and, if in fact that's going to happen, get the skewers out, and let's
roast marshmallows.  That would be substantively more effective.

Now, instead of sending out a scud missile in response, what do you
want to discuss, and what do you have to offer the list from which we
can learn?

'S Mores, anybody?

--- Nicholas Neylon <[log in to unmask]> wrote:
> Oh, another one bites the dust!!
>
> Are you proud of yourselves yet?
>

> David and Joann Llewellyn wrote:
>
> > I have just signed off this list after only
> participating for a week. I have
> > never heard such bantering in all my life.
> >
> > I was hoping to get good professional information
> instead of going back and
> > forth about what the list should be about.

> > Important Subscriber Information:
> >
> > The Museum-L FAQ file is located at
> http://museums.state.nm.us/nmmnh/museum-l.html. You
> may obtain detailed information about the listserv
> commands by sending a one line e-mail message to
> [log in to unmask] The body of the message
> >
> > If you decide to leave Museum-L, please send a one
> line e-mail message to
> > [log in to unmask] The body of the
> message should read "Signoff
> > Museum-L" (without the quotes).

> Important Subscriber Information:
>
> The Museum-L FAQ file is located at
> http://museums.state.nm.us/nmmnh/museum-l.html. You
> may obtain detailed information about the listserv
> commands by sending a one line e-mail message to
> [log in to unmask] The body of the message
>
> If you decide to leave Museum-L, please send a one
> line e-mail message to
> [log in to unmask] The body of the
> message should read "Signoff
> Museum-L" (without the quotes).