From:
Harry Needham <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 7 May 1999 09:50:53 -0400
I use somewhat larger velcro circles and/or strips to mount text and
illustrations (most encased in plastic "document protectors") on the kind of
portable display units used at trade shows, for doing front-end evaluations.
The setup is fast, simple and cheap and the plastic protects the material
from grubby little paws. The display units normally come with a kind of
carpeting as a surface, to which velcro clings quire well. If you need to
display small artifacts, the manufacturers also sell shelves, display boxes,
etc.

This kind of mounting is fine for short periods, for such a use, but I would
not want to use them for anything I would want to look particularly
"classy"!

Harry Needham
Special Advisor - Programme Development
Canadian War Museum
330 Sussex Drive,
Ottawa, Canada
K1A 0M8
Voice: (819) 776-8612  Fax (819) 776-8623
Email: [log in to unmask]