From:
"Wilson, Linda" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 2 Jun 1999 12:17:33 -0500
Hi Harry - I remember my parents taking my brother and I there as kids.
Here's a bit of the description from the web site.  We'll be sure to have
good directions for you when you arrive for the VSA conference.
The First Division Museum at Cantigny is dedicated to the history of the Big
Red One, the famed 1st Infantry Division of the United States Army. The
museum is located on the Wheaton, Illinois estate of the late Colonel Robert
R. McCormick <rrm.htm>. During World War I, McCormick, later the long time
editor and publisher of the Chicago Tribune <http://www.tribune.com/>, was
commander of the 1st Battalion, 5th Field Artillery, part of the First
Division. He renamed the estate Cantigny in honor of the first American
battle of the war. At his death in 1955, McCormick left ~Cantigny
<http://www.xnet.com/cantigny/> to be managed as a recreational and
educational park.

 http://www.rrmtf.org/firstdivision/
     Linda Wilson                    Visitor Studies and Evaluation
     Shedd Aquarium                  1200 S. Lake Shore Drive
     Chicago, IL 60605
     PH (312) 692 3261  FAX (312) 939 8677     [log in to unmask]

This is a personal message.  The views expressed in this message are solely
those of the sender and are not to be attributed to the owner of the
sender's domain, the sender's employer or any other person.  Any
reproduction or distribution of this message without this disclaimer is
prohibited.

Museum-L" (without the quotes).