From:
karl weimer <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 7 May 1999 08:35:24 -0400
greetings all,
    I'm brainstorming about starting up a local art museum in a
traditionally 'artsy' community which (I believe) has the support base
(including a big tourist trade that is in large part due to the long history
of this art community) to make an art museum centered around the art
produced in this area a 'feasible' venture.  short sentences are not my
specialty.
    I'm all set to write up a business plan, present it to the local town
council and potential public/private sponsors (commuting to work can do
wonders for gathering one's thoughts!).  however, I thought it would be best
to solicit this diverse group of museum professionals for any and all
opinions on what to do and potential pitfalls to avoid before my attempt.  I
look forward to your responses/suggestions, thanks for your time!
    for what its worth: my day job function is clinical epidemiologist for a
managed care company(!).  I grew up in the aforementioned community.  I'm
appreciating this venture more from a community-organizing cultural
organization angle for this area of the country where I grew up rather than
a purely business position.

karl weimer