Date:
Wed, 10 Mar 1999 18:10:08 -0600
If your programming is linked to curriculum needs in your state you are on
target. Let teachers tell you what they need in the classroom. Your job
becomes delivering your service in a way that fits their needs.  Try an
educato;'s night to comment on your offerings. Give them a light dinner and
conversation and keep your ears open. And don't do it if it is not a
natural extension of what your mission and vision is about.

Why is an eduation focus as part of one of the museum's marketing
strategies a bad thing? Sounds to me that you are making the effort to
speak to your target audience.  Marketing is not bad. A shoddy product is.

Maureen Daly

>I would like to hear your opinion on:
>
>What do you think are the main elements of museum's service to schools?
>What are the implications?
>
>What are the possible conflicts in using education as a marketing tool and
>how could these be turned to an advantage?
>
>Thank you,
>TK

Maureen Daly
William F. Eisner Advertising & Design Museum
Milwaukee Institute of Art & Design
273 E. Erie Street
Milwaukee WI 53202
414-350-7889 voice (cell)