From:
Mary Turner <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 18 Mar 1999 22:28:39 -0600
Museums in Illinois are celebrating International Museum Day in the
rotunda of the State Capitol Building in Springfield this year.  The event
is sponsored by the Illinois Association of Museums (a statewide network)
and Museums in the Park (the nine big Chicago museums on Chicago Park
District land).  Our theme is "One Museum Community Serving Illinois" and
we are taking the opportunity to thank the Illinois General Assembly for
funding two grant programs in this fiscal year and passage of a Museum
Disposition of Property Act last year.  We hope to make this an annual
event.  Member museums and/or those who received funding from the grants
are invited to set up displays in the rotunda.  We are hoping for lots of
hands-on activities and striking visuals to show museums' roles in
education and the tourism business, and our economic impact on our
communities and the state.

--
Mary Turner
IAM Coordinator