From:
Donna Miller <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 11 Mar 1999 21:33:40 -0800
We recently obtained a lab balance which was surplus at the Canadiam
Museum of Science and Technology. It had originally belonged to
Agriculture Canada.
At first glance, this appears to be a typical lab lbalance which many
will remember from school or university, but it differs in having,
inside the case, a vertical vernier scale, operated from the outside.
There is no obvious connection between the actual balance mechanism and
the scale - and there should be. There is a little chain that came with
it, but we can't figure out how they should be connected. We had science
teachers in to look at it, and they all think it's marvelous, but can't
figure it our, either.
It was manufactured by Seederer-Kohlbusch, Inc. of Englewood, N.J.
Serial Number U2348. Does anyone know, or has anyone ever seen, an
instruction manual for such a balance
Bill Clarke
Restigouche Regional Museum
Dalhousie, N.B. Canada