From:
Bernard Barryte <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 6 May 1999 10:34:43 -0800
Also the  Sloan Museum for its wonderful architecture, fascinating
collections, and general eccentric charm and, for a real dose of Victorian
art, I believe the Guildhall museum has reopened and the Wallace Collection
is dazzling for dec. arts and Old Masters; on the outskirsts, Royal
Hollaway College has and interesting collection.
Bernard Barryte

Some suggestions of smaller London museums:
>If you like exotic interiors try Leighton House,
>Kensington with its "Arab Hall" and collection of works by
>Lord Leighton & other Victorians. Ranger's House,
>Blackheath for small but exquisite collection of 17th C
>portraits by Larkin etc. Kenwood House, Hamstead for fine
>assorted Old Master Collection (Rembrandt, Vermeer, etc)
>in Robert Adam building - also fine gardens.
>And of course - central London - near National Gallery -
>I have to mention the larger Courtauld Gallery - very
>important Impressionists (Manet's Bar and Van Gogh's
>missing ear)plus many other old masters. Hope this helps,
>Cathie
>

>> From: Steven S. Yalowitz <[log in to unmask]>
>> Newsgroups: bit.listserv.museum-l
>> To: [log in to unmask] <[log in to unmask]>
>> Date: Wednesday, May 05, 1999 8:33 AM
>> Subject: London and Dublin museums
>>

>> >Hello all,
>> >
>> >Please reply to this message off-list to [log in to unmask]
>> >

>> >Thanks in advance,
>> >
>> >Steve Yalowitz
>> >Colorado State University
>> >

>Dr.Catherine Gordon
>Deputy Witt Librarian
>Courtauld Institute of Art
>Somerset House
>Strand
>London, WC2R 0RN
>UK
>tel (UK)(0)171-848-2770
>fax (UK)(0)171-848-2772

Bernard Barryte
Associate Director / Chief Curator
Iris & B. Gerald Cantor Center for Visual Arts at Stanford University
Stanford, CA 94305-5060

tel:  650/ 725-0466  fax: 650/ 725-0464