From:
Cathie Gordon <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 6 May 1999 12:34:42 +0100
Some suggestions of smaller London museums:
If you like exotic interiors try Leighton House,
Kensington with its "Arab Hall" and collection of works by
Lord Leighton & other Victorians. Ranger's House,
Blackheath for small but exquisite collection of 17th C
portraits by Larkin etc. Kenwood House, Hamstead for fine
assorted Old Master Collection (Rembrandt, Vermeer, etc)
in Robert Adam building - also fine gardens.
And of course - central London - near National Gallery -
I have to mention the larger Courtauld Gallery - very
important Impressionists (Manet's Bar and Van Gogh's
missing ear)plus many other old masters. Hope this helps,
Cathie

> From: Steven S. Yalowitz <[log in to unmask]>
> Newsgroups: bit.listserv.museum-l
> To: [log in to unmask] <[log in to unmask]>
> Date: Wednesday, May 05, 1999 8:33 AM
> Subject: London and Dublin museums
>

> >Hello all,
> >
> >Please reply to this message off-list to [log in to unmask]
> >

> >Thanks in advance,
> >
> >Steve Yalowitz
> >Colorado State University

Dr.Catherine Gordon