Date:
Thu, 6 May 1999 17:57:28 -0500
The Johnson County Courthouse in Warrensburg, Missouri is excellent.  The
original courthouse was built in the early 19th century, and was part of the
famous "Old Drum" trial.  It is now part of the county's historical
properties, which include a library, schoolhouse and museum.  The courthouse
is furnished to an exact copy of its appearance during the famous trial, in
fact, almost all of the interior is restored original.  Everything has been
preserved, from the benches and stone floor to the paperwork on the tables.
Contact the museum curator, Charles Machon, at the Johnson County Heritage
Library (660)-747-6480.  The building is actually Federal style I believe.