From:
Vivian Lea Stevens <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 9 Feb 1999 08:23:25 -0500
The Revolution also destroyed centuries of a people's church tradition
(the Russian Orthodox Church) by destroying churches, monasteries,
priceless works of art, etc. (Won't go into the whole discussion of the
Moscow Patriarchate & their supposed cooperation with the gov't vs. the
Russian Orthodox Church Abroad (ROCA) and the renewal of the church
today.)

So as I read the original post re: The Revolution's impact on this
century, I had to agree - it was a formidable event!

VivianLea Stevens