From:
Peter Rebernik <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 2 Dec 1998 16:45:02 +0100
There is one more point to the "conflict":
Curators do not improve their value or career by thinking about the
visitors - in contrast to "educators". To be a renowned curator, he/she has
to prove that artifacts are more important, have to write books and papers
about the works of art or artifacts to be acknowledged by the scientific
world and by their colleges. they will be booed if they do care about the
visitors ....

Conflicts are not only based on different views but also on the
acknowledgement by the peers of the social group you belong to. Educators
who do not talk, think and write how they opened the treasures to the public
will not get good grades by THEIR social group.

I doubt that this conflict is sent by God, is unalterable and always
fruitful.

Regards,
Peter

------