Condense Mail Headers

Sender:
From:
"Patricia L. Miller" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 26 Feb 1999 08:20:48 -0600
First, you might want to read a little on the subject. AASLH has a technical
leaflet, "The Time Capsule: Repository of the Past or Romantic Notion?" It
was written by Helen Fraser in 1992. You could inquire at
[log in to unmask] The Oklahoma Museum Association also printed a
technical sheet in Muse News 20:3 (July 1990). It's by Bill Bryans. Contact
Cherie Cook at [log in to unmask] The OMA sheet lists some suppliers. In
addition, you could try Future Packaging, located at 19834 Squire Dr.,
Covina, CA 91724. Phone: 818-966-1955. Some people use a child-size casket-
check with your local undertaker. Good luck.
Pat Miller

At 02:36 AM 2/26/99 +0000, you wrote:
>A nearby town wants to do an event this summer, in the course
>of which they want to create a time capsule of local history.
>The size is a little uncertain (though I am assured it will be
>smaller than a coffin), but it is to be buried in the ground
>and concreted over (as under a plaza).
>
>The question for Museum-Lers is: what material do you
>recommend the time capsule be made of? I'm sure at least
>a few of you have faced this question in your work and
>I would appreciate hearing your solutions.
>
>Thanks in advance,
>
>Tom
>--
>Tom Vaughan    "The Waggin' Tongue"
><[log in to unmask]>   (970) 533-1215
>11795 Road 39.2, Mancos, CO 81328  USA
>Cultural Resource Management, Interpretation, Planning, & Training

Patricia L. Miller, Executive Director
Illinois Heritage Association
602 1/2 E. Green St., Champaign, IL 61820
phone: 217-359-5600; email: [log in to unmask]