From:
Indigo Nights <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 8 Feb 1999 12:23:19 -0800
As an old proofreader and editor for many years, let's not have this
discussion about the other N word.  It stands to only inflame and
divide the group.  And I've used all my combatting racism energies on
another list and have no more energy for the topic.

I don't undersand how you figure that is a TOP Event.

And, I've not said anything because it seems to have been so enjoyed
heretofore, but this very learned group missed the part in Roger's
original messsage asking us to send our answers to an address off-list.

When it disintegrates to a point where someone wants to pick up the
political topic of the day and inject it under the guise of being
quintessential to the top events of the museum field, it's time, I
believe, to suggest we may want to consider retiring this thread and
sending all future posts to Roger directly.

The person to whom Robert is referring has been restored to his
position.  He was not fired.  He resigned and his resignation was
accepted.

Somebody is trying to pour gasoline.  Take away his Bic lighter, please

---"Robert T. Handy" <[log in to unmask]> wrote:

> Then let's engage in a conversation about all the reaction to the
use of
> "niggardly" by a department head in Washingtion who was fired by the
Mayor
> for using it.

==
Indigo Nights