From:
Peter Rebernik <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 12 Jan 1999 14:31:15 +0100
This IS a great museum idea. According to the old-fashioned definition, a
museum has a collection. And the collection of this museum are sounds!
On one hand, we all try to enliven our museums and exhibitions with numerous
ideas and fancy gadgets - rightly, we drive out boredom and bring in
interest and affection.
On the other hand: Why not start - also - contemplative museums again, just
listening to sounds for ten minutes, without getting nervous to do something
else.
On both hands: Shouldn't we support both kinds, because humans are different
and have different needs between excitement and quietness - not only
different from each other, but also different within each one of us .....

Sorry, just some contemplation,

Peter Rebernik

 | PHAROS International - Bureau for Cultural Projects
 | Peter Rebernik, Dipl.-Ing.
 | Anton Baumgartner-Str. 44/C2/3/2
 | A - 1230 Wien / AUSTRIA
 | Tel.: (+43 1) 667 7375, Fax: (+43 1) 667 2984
 | Mobiltel.: (+43 664) 230 2767
 | Email: [log in to unmask] / Web: www.rebernik.at
This mail is a natural product.  The slight variations in spelling and
grammar enhance its individual character and beauty and in no way are to
be considered flaws or defects.