From:
Larisa Somsel <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 24 May 1999 23:10:30 EDT
Cultural Connections presents:

Publicity, Marketing and Public Relations Workshop
Wednesday, June 9, 1999
1:00 - 5:00 p.m.
San Francisco Museum of Modern Art

Museum educators are often called upon to market their programs to a variety
of audiences, and do so on minimal budgets.  How can we market our programs
most effectively?  How do we determine who our audience is, and who we want
it to be?  After we define our target audience, how do we attract them to
our programs?  What are the appropriate tools and effective strategies that
attract specific audiences to museum programs?

In this workshop, you will learn the basic tools of marketing and how to
apply these tools to effective marketing of museum programs.  Please bring
at least one example of a marketing dilemma that you face so that we can
discuss various remedies.

Our workshop leader is Gail Griffin, Account Executive for Republic
Integrated Marketing in Phoenix, a division of the Arizona Republic, the
state's largest newspaper.  She was previously the Director of Marketing and
Membership for the Phoenix Art Museum for 14 years, and was chair of the
American Association of Museums Public Relations and Marketing Committee for
4 years.  Gail has presented sessions at regional and national museum
conferences, ranging from strategies to develop new audiences to dealing
with controversial exhibitions.

Program         1:00 - 5:00 p.m.

Location        San Francisco Museum of Modern Art
                Lower Level Classroom (1:00 - 1:30 p.m.)
                Koret Center (1:30 - 5:00 p.m.)
                151 Third Street
                San Francisco, CA

Directions      Call 415/357-4000 x1 for information about directions,
public transportation access, and parking

Workshop Fee    Free for Cultural Connections members
                $10 nonmembers

RSVP            Margaret Kadoyama, 415/454-7344
                Reservations highly recommended.

Museum-L" (without the quotes).