From:
Erika Topolewska <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 10 Feb 1999 10:43:29 +0000
Dear friends

when I looked at my mail first thing today, I was going to reply to you
who sent
in suggestions about our web site separately, but there has been a great
response, and I agree with Andrew that these things are more useful when
discussed throigh the list.

We really appreciate the time you have taken to look at the site, and will
get to work adapting it to incorporate as many suggestions as possible.

For example, we do have location photographs and map yet to be added,along
with a photograph of the exhibition room.

 We also have some great text,
and a growing amount of information from research made possible by having
loans in from many different institutions,solely for this exhibition.The
invitation perhaps used hyperbole slighty in its 370,000,000 years, but
these specimens were excavated, and then distributed all over Great
Britain, and around the world - hence our links with other institutions.

At the museum,we are in
the unique position of being able to compare and contrast these specimens.
Many collections are poorly or partially documented, but we have found out
a great deal from numbering systems, inventories, etc. and have been able
to ppass this information on to the curators of those collections.

I will post a message again when the site is more 'up to scratch'!

Thanks again for your help. Great to hear from you all.

Yours sincerely
Erika Topolewska.