From:
"Kane, Jo-Ann" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 8 Jan 1999 13:32:17 -0500
The blockbuster, to my point of view, is a very big exhibition that will
bring a lot of people to the museum.  Usually, those visitors are not people
that often visit the museum.  They will be interested by that special
exhibition because of the press releases.  That exhibition is suppose to
bring people to the museum as well as money.  Montreal's Fine Arts Museum as
a history of organizing blockbusters.  You could see some press release for
more information : Montreal's Gazette.  Or just look under
Beauté mobile.  That was a blockbuster that they organized and was not
succesfull.  I could see, if you want, I have information on the definition
of a blockbuster  in my notes, we saw that phenomenon in my graduates
studies.