Condense Mail Headers

Sender:
From:
Sue Terry <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 8 Jan 1999 15:43:19 +1100
We have decided at the National Film and Sound Archive to put our live
database on the Web - this should occur in the first half of the year.

We have decided that, since our mission is to make our collection
available, the best way we can do this is to 'advertise' what we have. Of
course, we have firewalls in place to prevent hackers as well as we can and
we are witholding confidential information (such as source of material,
internal notes) but otherwise it is all going out there, warts and all
(including data entry errors etc). We will be asking our users to let us
know of any factual errors in our data as well as of any typos etc. We are
currently undertaking some global cleanups (eg looking at where data has
been converted from previous systems etc and so is now incorrect or
invalid) BUT if we waited for it all to be perfect we would never get there!

We wait with bated breath to see the outcome of our decision...

Cheers, Sue

  Sue Terry                      __  /\
                                /  \/  \
   +61  2 6248 2025 (w)        /        \    Joint Manager, Client Services
   +61  2 6286 8336 (h)       /         /    National Film & Sound Archive
   +61  2 6209 3165 (fax)     \   __  */     Canberra ACT 2600
                               `-'  \_/

'The secret of survival is to embrace change, and to adapt' (Rohinton Mistry)