From:
Katie Edlebeck <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 30 Dec 1998 09:21:25 -0700
An old school clock that has been in my mothers family was recently passed on
to me.  The legible parts of the certificate read " Prized Medal Awarded Paris
Exposition 1878"  and Ansonia Clock Company.  My dilemma is that my mother
glued 2 paper doily edges in the center of the clock for decoration.  Most of
it has since peeled away.  I would like to remove the rest of the doily and
glue from the face of the clock.  The face is paper and has yellowed with age,
but the area under the doily is not as yellowed. I would like to know the best
way to remove the glue and whether I am resigned to replacing the doily. Thank
you for any advice you may give on this subject.  Please respond off list.
Katie Edlebeck