From:
Ann Clausen <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 27 Jan 1999 19:58:20 GMT
For the Bergen County (NJ) Department of Recreation, Division of Cultural
and Historic Affairs, I am researching a black cemetery which will be the
subject of a permanent exhibit sponsored by the Department.  Gethsemane
Cemetery contains the remains of two Civil War veterans, both of whom
served with the 29th Connecticut Colored Regiment.

I am seeking any visual material -- photographs, engravings, etc. -- or any
military items directly associated with the 29th Connecticut, for
reproduction in the exhibit.  I'd appreciated hearing from any Museum-Lers
who may have such material in their institutional collections.

Thank you.

Ann C. Clausen
Interpretive Solutions
444 Bedford Road, Suite 201