From:
"K.L. Tzang" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 3 Nov 1998 18:01:54 -0800
It is possible to have the map scanned in sections, then laser printed and
mounted.
This would give you the option of not disturbing the original and, making
corrections on the copy (ie. it is possible to erase tears, increase
definition/contrast).  The procedure is not that expensive these days, and a
good company can provide some interesting options in mounting.

K. Linda Tzang
Museum Assistant
West Vancouver Museum & Archives