From:
Eric Siegel <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 15 Sep 1998 10:32:55 -0400
The Museums Council of New York City will be meeting on Thursday, October 8
at 6:00
PM.  This evening will be jointly hosted by the Queens Museum and the New
York Hall of
Science.

At the Queens Museum, we will have refreshments and tour the incredible
scale model
Panorama of the City of New York, as well as their installation of Tiffany
glasswork and
artifacts from the Tiffany studio which was located in Queens from 1893-1938

At the New York Hall of Science, we will have a tour of the Science
Playground, a 30,000
square foot outdoor, hands-on, bodies-on science exhibition.  Then we will
visit the traveling
exhibition of Beakman's World, which I have seen being installed.  It is
truly wild and worth
a visit.

The Museums Council, established in the 1950's, is an independent
association representing
virtually all of New York's not for profit museums.  In addition to meeting
every 6 weeks or
so at museums large and small in all parts of the City, we publish a
directory of museum
professionals, and offer other benefits to the staff of member museums.

While membership in the Museums Council is only open to institutions, we
welcome museum
staff (at all levels and all occupations), Board members, students, and
professionals in
museum-related fields at our meetings.

We have a preliminary Web page, which has the directory and meeting notices,
at
www.nybg.org/appel/mcny.  We are just trying it on for size, and would
welcome feedback.

The meeting costs $25 per attendee, and must be paid in advance by check to
Amy Fischetti,
Queens County Farm Museum, 73-50 Little Neck Parkway, Floral Park, NY 11004.
She can be reached at (718) 347 3276 x 13 if you have a question.

There will be a bus leaving from the Metropolitan Museum at 5:00 promptly
and returning from the Hall of Science at 8:30.  You must reserve a place on
the bus, which costs $5.00.  Please
include your name and affiliation with your check.

Please feel free to contact me with any questions.

Eric Siegel
Chairman
Museums Council of New York City

Eric Siegel