From:
"Arthur H. Harris" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 12 Nov 1998 15:01:19 -0700
I agree with Alex--we've used Approach for a number of years now
(including trying out the digital image abilities) and are quite
happy with it.  It is extremely easy to learn, and the price is
right (on the street, around $100; educational discount, nearer
$60).  I have used Access and Paradox to a limited degree, and find
Approach easier to work with.  It is fully relational (and simple to
set up the relations) if you want to tie together more than one
file.  At the moment, our largest file has over 67,000 records with
no problems.

Alex Avdichuk wrote:

> I developed an in-house coll. mgmt. database using Lotus Approach.  It has
> worked quite well, and has the ability to add digital images, although I
> haven't used it yet.  It's a very user-friendly program, and easy to
> develop, even if you have NO database experience.  And best of all, it's
> not that expensive.  I found that after I had started using it for
> collections, I also started using it for other things, e.g. mailing lists,
> information requests, etc.

Art Harris
--
Laboratory for Environmental Biology
Centennial Museum (Natural and Cultural History)