From:
"Wilson, Linda" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 7 Dec 1998 11:20:22 -0600
Nancy,
Send comments on your roman and Etruscan web site just to you?  Nah, it's
much more fun to post to the list and see the comments of others.

A number of museums now offer virtual tours of their display collections.
What a great idea, to do your in the context of what isn't on display.
1.      While I generally don't like sites with lots and lots of copy, this
particular topic lends itself to that style more than others.  Thanks for
making the copy readable and not going nuts on backgrounds (it drives me
crazy when it's even a little hard to read copy).
2.      I was disappointed that I couldn't click on ALL the pictures and see
a larger version.  While general internet pictures are still nowhere near
the experience of photos, and photos don't approach the real-life
experience, larger pictures at least let you see a little more detail.
3.      I like the rather limited number of links from each page (some sites
draw you too far afield and you have to struggle to get back to your main
interest).  But how about a direct link to the "Brief History.." from each
major section?  That might help neophytes get a sense of what the site is
about.

Linda Wilson
Visitor Studies and Evaluation
Shedd Aquarium, Chicago, IL 60605

Thanks for sharing with us and inviting comments.