From:
Roger Smith <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 29 Oct 1998 09:07:15 +1300
Well Doug, everyone is entitled to their opinion however vitriolic!
I guess the true test is whether our colleagues find the site of value and
interest.

For the record, we did not solict these awards - they came as a direct
result of people voting and voicing their opinion. We have received many
messages of support for this voluntary compendium site and I am tempted to
attach a couple here to provide 'balance' to your list posting

<Your site was one of the worst-designed I've seen. >

Again a matter of opinion - the general consensus seems to be that the site
is easy enough to navigate for quick access to information and we have
quickly responded to any POSITIVE site design suggestions.

<The one job I clicked turned out to be stolen >

The jobs are sourced from list postings, bulletin boards, web searchs and
increasingly from from direct email requests to GLOBAL MUSEUM from
colleagues. We have always been quite open about these sources .  As stated
above the site is a compendium of news, and job information - a one stop
shop in effect. The number of 'hits' to the site confirm that the Museum
world is interested in such a service
 ( although clearly there is at least one exception!)

Doug, if you have anything postive to assist with the site design or how we
might better provide the compendium service then I am MOST happy to discuss
this further with you off the list.  Until that time, GLOBAL MUSEUM will
continue to support of the profession

Roger Smith