From:
Barbara Palmer <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 20 Oct 1998 15:33:00 EST
Tim (and Museum-L in the interests of info dissemination),
Here's a start:  Elizabeth Orna seems to be goddess of information
policy.  I've met her.  She's wonderful and she's an information
scientist originally, with experience in dealing with museums.  These two
references are a bit old, but probably worth a look.  I'll see what else
I can find.
Orna, Elizabeth. -Information policies for museums. -Cambridge : The
Museum Documentation Association, 1987. - (Occasional Paper ; 10).
Orna, E. (1990) Practical information policies: How to manage information
flow to organisations. Aldershot, Hants: Gower. [658.4038 O2]
I got the last one from the following site, which has a bibliography of
stuff on managing organisational information, which might be of interest.
http://www.csu.edu.au/learning/etl523/resource.htm

Barbara Palmer
Assistant Registrar (Collection Information System)
Powerhouse Museum, Sydney