From:
Deb Fuller <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 10 Dec 1998 09:19:56 -0500
At 08:01 PM 12/8/98 EST, you wrote:
>Hello everyone,
>I am looking for information on museums that deal specifically with women in
>aviation and museums that have exhibits dealing with women in aviation.  I
>would appreciate any links to web sites and contact information for
>institutions that deal with this subject.
>Thanks,

The Women in Military Service of America Memorial has lots of information
on the WASP of WWII, CAP plane spotters and flight nurses.  Their WWII
exhibits also include artifacts from these women as well.  For the later
years (Korea forward) they have pictures of women pilots and aviators in
their photo pannels as the exhibits for those years haven't been compeleted
yet.  Most of those pictures are "women firsts" like the first woman to fly
a jet plane, first woman astronaut and the first woman to fly a helicopter
as well as at least one of the two women who were killed in Desert Storm
while on helicopters.

Deb

Staples &  Charles Ltd.
225 N Fairfax St.