From:
"Tim A. Reed" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 30 Nov 1998 11:01:13 -0600
Ian-
        You might try researching The Mitchell Site in Mitchell, South Dakota,
U.S.A. (the site # is 39DV2).  An enclosed structure, called the
"Archaeodome", was constructed over an ongoing excavation at the site.
Apparently it allows the archaeologists to excavate year-round in full view
of the public, (and presumably interact with the visitors to some degree as
well.)
        Best of luck-
Timothy Reed
Office of the State Archaeologist of Iowa
University of Iowa
Iowa City, IA U.S.A.