From:
Kathrine L Walker <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 17 Aug 1998 15:55:56 -0500
I completed a museum studies degree, worked for a year as a curatorial
intern, and then got a position as an assistant curator.  Since then I
have moved into senior positions in museum education and have also served
as an assistant director.  I started a $15,000, with a six month trial
period.
It's taken me 12 years to double my salary, but I have always told
students, interns, etc.  1. Museum work is for those who wouldn't be happy
doing anything else.  2. Job satisfaction means a lot - you can make
millions and be miserable.

Kathrine Walker Schlageck
Education and Public Programs Director
Beach Museum of Art - Kansas State University