From:
Ellen Z Hazen <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 28 Aug 1998 10:33:24 -0400
Well, I declare!  Although I've lived in New England for thirty years and
wouldn't live anywhere else by choice, I do admit that the description of
Southern Culture made me incredibly homesick for the societal politeness
and friendliness of my youth.  Lots of wonderfully friendly folks all over,
but the flavor is different.  Sweetened tea, indeed.

Ellen