From:
Bernard Barryte <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 10 Aug 1998 08:46:37 -0700
The Kinsey Institute (University of Indiana?) has a very substantial
archive related to the subject.  I noticed in a book dealer's list a recent
catalog.  Weren't the Kronhausens associated with some sort of sex museum
in Sweden?
Bernard Barryte
Stanford University Museum of Art

Dear All

>A genuine request here!  I'm trying to track any museum which is
>dedicated to sex, has signficant collections on the subject, or which
>has mounted an exhibition in recent times on any of the plethora of
>related topics.
>
>I am particularly interested in the museum I have heard about in
>Amsterdam which looks at the history and culture of Western sexual
>practice.  Have you been there?  What was your impression?
>
>This information is currently being gathered to inform our team on
>current display and collection policies in this area, and to assist with
>the development of an ethics paper.  The ethics paper will be used to
>guide us when we develop exhibitions related to human sexuality.
>
>Many thanks in anticipation.
>
>Adrienne Leith
>Curator, Human Mind and Body Program

Bernard Barryte