From:
Jennifer Jaskowiak <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 10 Sep 1998 15:27:03 -0700
I have a question about copyright and reproduction of photographs of buildings.

What are the copyright restrictions, if any?  Who holds the copyright to a
photograph of a museum?  Does it matter if the museum commissioned the
photograph?

I ask because one author is intending to use photographs of buildings which
she took herself.  Any problem with that?

Oh, and what about postcards and posters?  What should I pay attention to
in regards to reproducing these, especially if they are widely distributed
images.

Thank you, all, in advance.

Jennifer Jaskowiak
Curator