Date:
Sat, 18 Jul 1998 10:27:00 +1200
Greetings to Museum-L'ers,

Jeff wrote
<Isn't this becoming a little too frequent and an excessive amount of
blatant advertising?>

I felt that I had to respond to this. It is certainly NOT my intent to be of
annoyance to the list, neither should my regular postings be viewed as blatant
advertising.

Many of you who have regularly visited the site, and endorsed that this
not-for-profit bookshop is serving a useful purpose for the those with a
professional or passing interest in the world of Museums.
It is a labour of love, is not governed by financial reward, but DOES provide
an ordered catalogue in a variety of appropriate subjects.

Sure.. I am an enthusiast for the idea of sharing reference information and
YES for the hell of it, have added some Jazz to my pages( in a separate
section). If this is an offence then I'm guilty.

What IS being posted is no different from a large number of the messages that
appear regularly on the list - new reference texts, exhibit design suggestions
from consultants, etc.
Maybe the postings and page contents are a little more ZANY than most (
cartoons, animated GIF's, DrumBeat etc) but this is hardly a crime?

If FREQUENCY of mailings is a problem then I am happy cut back to the number
and frequency - after all it is MY weekends and spare time that provides the
service.

On balance, the enthusiasm for the project that I have received from List
members has made all the work worthwhile. Don't just take my word for it!
<http://members.tripod.com/~DrDrum_2/Visitors.html>

I hope that Jeff and any others who may feel the bookshop is an imposition
will use the delete button, as I do on a regular basis with many of the List
postings of no personal interest to me.

Best wishes to the list from
The Diabolical Dr Drum

http://members.tripod.com/~DrDrum_2/Bookshop.html