Date:
Thu, 16 Jul 1998 16:59:20 GMT
I am preparing an feature article for my fine arts site at
<http://finearts.miningco.com> on the subject of ethical practices in
printmaking via computer generated files. I would appreciate comments on the
following:

1. What constitutes an edition of computer generated prints?

2. To what extent does or should computer generated prints conform to
traditional fine art printmaking standards?

3. What should happen to the electronic file, once the edition is completely
printed? Should it be destroyed or archived?

4. What should happen to the electronic file which is given to the vendor to
print the images? Should there be a contract between the vendor and the artist
where the vendor agrees to destroy all files after the edition is complete?

5. Should all prints contain a watermark or some other means of identification
for their placement in the edition, date of printing, etc.?

6. What other ethical issues need to be addressed with computer generated fine
art prints?

Please send your comments to Chris Jeffries, Fine Arts Guide at the Mining
Company at: [log in to unmask]

You are invited to visit the permanent Fine Arts Visitor's Gallery at
<http://finearts.miningco.com/library/gallery/blgallery1.htm> which has a large
collection of high caliber computer generated fine artwork, and the monthly
juried exhibition of fine artists work at
<http://finearts.miningco.com/library/subgallery/_current/blsubgallery1. htm> .
Instructions for submitting work art inicluded in the gallery at
<http://finearts.miningco.com/library/gallery/blgalleryFAQ.htm>.