From:
Polly Cegielski <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 4 Aug 1998 10:18:58 -0400
I am also seeking information on schools offering MA's in museum studies and
which ones are considered the forerunners in this area.  I have been
following the 'value of an M.A.' topic fairly closely and I have to admit it
has greatly dampened my desire to pursue this degree.  I also wonder about
the cost of this degree, is it worth spending $32k (University of Denver) as
opposed to approximately $10-12k (U of Texas, Lubbock)  when you are only
going to be making a salary in the $20-23k range?  Or is this completely
dependent upon what you choose to specialize in?  And Ms. Graff's question is
somewhat disturbing, although I myself have not found any programs that
require a previous master's to enroll. Is this common?  I would appreciate
any and all information on colleges, degrees and what is the most marketable
in the feild.  Thank you very much. (Feel free to contact me at

Sincerely,

P.Cegielski