Condense Mail Headers

Sender:
Date:
Thu, 9 Jul 1998 08:59:35 -0500
From:
Wayne and Mary <[log in to unmask]>
Although our Museum and Old Jail is not a lighthouse and
certainly wouldn't have the stairs that a lighthouse does,
we have run into this problem of accessibility.

Our Museum is not wheelchair ramped and the only way
to the second floor is up a staircase.
We have had children in their smaller wheelchairs come
through.   When it came time to go up the stairs, the
President of the Historical Society carried up one child
and a teacher carried up another.

If we tried to revamp this building to make it totally
accessible the most we could do is get these folks onto
the main floor. No room for elevators or any other
conveyance to take them to the basement (too narrow)
although something might be done for our upstairs
landing access.

It is a problem when you have a board who feels
everything must be historically accurate in the building
(which is a registered historic building).  Thoughts along
that line?

Regards
Mary Haegele
Kewaunee County Historical Museum and Old Jail
www.joe.com/home/history