Date:
Wed, 12 Aug 1998 16:17:25 -0400
Dear Museum Professionals and HR Managers,

I am currently waiting to hear from a museum to make me an offer.  It's for
an entry-level job and I was told up front before I went in for the
interviews what the salary would be...to the last cent.

Since I've never even gotten this far in the museum hiring process, I'm not
sure what to expect.  I've
heard that when it comes down to the future-employer making an offer, one
should always negotiate.
Does this hold true for museums with budgets or for entry-levelers like
myself?  Should I negotiate the salary of this job (which, for now,  I find
reasonable)? I assumed that since she told me up front how much the
position pays that it's not really negotiable, but if
anyone can confirm or refute this, I'd appreciate that!  If the salary
isn't to be negotiated, what about
benefits?

Many thanks!