From:
Barbara E Ware <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 21 Jun 1998 09:12:44 -0400
Here at the History Center, we have a small library which came to us
intact from another collection, that is open to the public for research
on the local area, as well as state information.  We also have a
genealogy section and a file of family papers generated by researchers
over the years.

 We are beginning to generate requests from people, usually by phone or
email, for some substantial research on our part to answer their
question.  Up to now, I have been doing as much as I can, but am
wondering if there is an accepted approach for handling research
questions that involve staff participation.  Of course, if they can come

in to the Center, I try to help them get started with their research,
but then it is up to them.

One individual had a several part question in which he asked me to send
him a couple of pages on each part of the question.

Any ideas?

Barbara Ware

--
Barbara E. Ware