From:
Chris Goodlett <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 17 Jun 1998 12:09:42 PDT
So, is the point that big brother has invaded the museum field.

Postings such as this will only further discourage young, aspiring
museum professionals, of which I am one.  I am someone with a Masters
Degree and two years of experience but am still having trouble finding
that perfect fit.  As someone who has struggled with many rejections, I
think everyone should keep in mind that at least 50-75 people apply for
nationally advertised positions.  Only one person can get the job.  Yes,
sometimes that person is an "inside" candidate.  Congratulations to that
person who knew the right people or served many years as a volunteer.
However, the rest of us should continue our search, because we may one
day be that "inside" candidate.

Chris Goodlett
National Scouting Museum