Date:
Wed, 10 Jun 1998 13:30:45 GMT
In article <[log in to unmask]>,
  Kizzy Stonell <[log in to unmask]> wrote:

> I work for a medium sized museum with an internationally important
> collection, in the south west of England.  The Museum is administered by
> a Society of about 1,000 members.  There have been tentative steps to
> look into getting a page on the internet.  Have other similar museums
> had good/bad experience of this ?  How do your visitor figures stand ?
> How does income result, does it pay for itself ?  Does it attract
> membership ?
>
> Your help would be very much appreciated !!
> --
> Kizzy Stonell
> Dear Kizzy,

We are the company that designed and that services a website for Mingei
International Museum. The address is http://www.mingei.org Having a website
has been a great help to them in reaching people all over the world. If you
have any publications or a gift shop, then there is potential for making some
money.  There are also site sponsorships available. Traffic starts at 0 but
over time can be quite amazing.  Also, having your museum available to people
7 days a week, 24 hours a day brings recognition for you collections that you
might otherwise not have.  If you would like more information, or if we can
be of any help in creating a website for you please email to [log in to unmask]
Hope this is of some help. Look forward to hearing from you again. Arline
Johnson, WebWind Productions, San Diego, California USA