From:
Arlyn Danielson <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 10 Jun 1998 16:17:00 -0400
It looks like that among those who responded to the question of whether or
not it is appropriate for an individual to post their resume on the list,
most are not in favor of it- for good reason.  I never said one way or the
other if I think this practice is ok for this listserv or not.  In this
case, I don't think it would be a good idea, but I still stand firm in
leaving my options open with possibly finding an interesting job candidate
on line.  If someone doesn't know about a position, how could they go after
it?  I agree that an assertive candidate is much more appealing than a
passive candidate, but once someone finds out about a position, only then
can he/she try for it.  Who's to say that just because someone doesn't
apply directly for your position that that person is not assertive?  I
don't want to wish to beat this horse into the ground, so this is about all
I have left to say on the matter.

Arlyn Danielson