From:
Jeanette La Vere <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 4 Aug 1998 18:08:54 -0700
Rebecca Graff wrote:

> Dear Museum-L subscribers,
>
> I am trying to find out information about MA programs in museum studies,
> especially ones that focus on anthropological collections.  It seems that
> many programs require either a completed MA in another discipline, or
> enrollment in another field.  I've contacted some schools but many
> departments are unavailable for the summer.   I'm a senior right now, any
> suggestions?  Thanks.
>
> Rebecca Graff
> U.C. Berkeley
Rebecca,
I am a recent graduate of the MA Museum Studies Program at the
University of Southern California. Most people at USC earn their MA in
Art History while earning their Museum Studies Certificate, but it is
possible to earn just the Certificate. However, I don't know if you need
to have an MA first. You can call Kay Allen at 213 740 4561 to ask any
questions. Good Luck!
--Jeanette La Vere