From:
Carla Herling <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 9 Jun 1998 07:33:31 PDT
I agree with Mary Day Kent.....job postings YES, resumes ~~~ No.

John Martinson
Assistant Director
Wooden Boat Foundation
Port Townsend, WA

  Another vote for no resumes.  I too have gone through the frustrating
and exhaustive job search for a museum job, but it is true that the
majority of the people on the list are not in a position to be hiring
anyone.  Posting resumes means that a lot of people with no connections
would have to wade through a sea of resumes.  A very frustrating, and
possibly unending situation.
    Additionally, there has been a problem lately of some people
replying to the entire listserv when they mean to reply to an
individual.  It is rather annoying to receive these types of messages,
so if people could be more careful when replying, it would be greatly
appreciated.

Thanks!!

Carla Herling
soon to be
Education Curator
Westmoreland Museum of American Art
Greensburg, PA

The views expressed above are my own and are in no way related to any
present or future employer...