From:
Richard Fields <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 21 Jul 1998 12:55:44 -0500
Hello list
        I would like some suggestions on age appropraiteness.  We
conduct a
Civil War Candle Light tour at our site, which involves scenes acted out
by reenactors.  One of my staff has traditionally discouraged children
from attending, but I am of the opinion that it except for small
children, it shouldn't be a problem.  Can you share your opinions on
children at events like this, or in museums in general.  With the
exception of the Holocaust Museum, I have never seen a museum exhibit I
have found to harsh for children.  Any thoughts?  Oh, safety is not a
problem.

--
Richard A Fields
Superintendent, Fort Gibson Historic Site